I need help with this C++ project. Thank you very much. KN
Question: Assignment: Date Profile C++ (not Java)
Create a class called DateProfile that has the following private instance members:
● gender – a char, the gender of the applicant (‘M’ or ‘F’).
● searchGender – a char, the gender of desired partner (‘M’ or ‘F’). This is not the gender of the applicant, but of the applicant’s requested partner.
● romance – an int from 1 to 10, indicating the importance of romance to the applicant.
● finance – an int from 1 to 10, indicating the importance of finance to the applicant.
● name – a string indicating the full name of the applicant.
Each object in the DateProfile class represents an applicant’s profile. If the object is (‘M’, ‘F’, 7, 4, “Hugh Hefner”) then the applicant’s name is “Hugh Hefner”, he’s looking for a date who is Female, with romance being somewhat important (7) and finance being less important (4).
Create public static constants for: ● All range limits (like MIN_ROMANCE, MIN_NAME_LEN, etc.). These are the limits that the mutators test for.
● All default values (like DEFAULT_GEND, DEFAULT_SEARCH_GEND, DEFAULT_NAME). These are used if the default constructor is called or if a parameter-taking constructor is called but a bad value (out-of-range) is detected. However, they are not used directly in the constructors, as we will find that there are helper methods that do the dirty work for the constructors – see below.
You should supply all of the following member functions of class DateProfile (at a minimum):
● Accessors and Mutators for each field (instance member). For example: char getGender() and bool setGender(char gdr). In addition to individual mutators, create a public void setAll( … ) that takes all five parameters and acts like a mutator, except that it has a void return type, i.e., in this one, you do not have to report bad parameters back to the user, even though you would still filter them out. Also, create a publicvoid setDefaults() that sets all five members to their default values.
● Constructors that take no parameters (default) and all 5 parameters. To avoid code duplication make sure these constructors utilize the above mutators rather than do anything direct assignments or testing.
● double fitValue(DateProfile partner), which returns a number from 0.0 (very bad fit) to 1.0 (perfect fit). The public instance method compares the calling object (this) to the object passed as a parameter. This method should call three private methods determineGenderFit( … ), determineRomanceFit( … ) and determineFinanceFit( … ), that will be used to return intermediate results for each of the three factors. It should compute the final fit value that it returns by returning a 0 if gender is not compatible (regardless of the other values) and return the average of finance and romance values if gender is compatible.
● double determineGenderFit(DateProfile partner) This private instance method returns either a 0 or 1 depending on the gender compatibility of the calling object and the passed parameter object. You have to compare gender compatibility completely: i.e., there must be mutual consent on this one! It is used by the public fitValue(), not directly by the client main().
● double determineRomanceFit(DateProfile partner) This private instance method returns a number from 0.0 to 1.0 depending on the romance compatibility of the calling object and the passed parameter object. The romance numbers should be highest (1.0) if the two values are equal (both 3, both 5, both 7) and lowest (perhaps a small non-zero value like .1) if their difference is 9. It is used by the public fitValue(), not directly by the client main().
● double determineFinanceFit(DateProfile partner) This private instance method returns a number from 0.0 to 1.0 depending on the finance compatibility of the calling object and the passed parameter object. The finance numbers should be highest (1.0) if the two values are equal (both 3, both 5, both 7) and lowest (perhaps a small non-zero value like .1) if their difference is 9. It is used by the public fitValue(), not directly by the client main().
The Client Driver
In addition to main() supply a global scope method of that compares and displays two DateProfile objects:
● void displayTwoProfiles(DateProfile profile1, DateProfile profile2) This method will print the names of the two objects and show the fit value. It’s output for a single call will look like this:
Fit between Joe Somebody and Jane Peabody:
From your main(), you will instantiate a total of four DateProfile objects, applicant1, … applicant4 manually from literal values in your program, i.e., do not involve the user with run-time input. Then for each of the four applicants, display the fits with the others – including themselves. Do this by callingdisplayTwoProfiles() for all possible combinations of the four applicants producing 16 comparison figures. (You will be comparing each applicant to him/herself in each of these four groups. This will serve to check whether the result is correct – it must be either a 1 or a 0 depending on the searchGender they requested, but never a number between).
Make sure all mutators, constructors, and other methods that affect private data adequately test for illegal values and, if possible, return a bool that reports the results of this test.