The movie we will watch and critique will be “Uncut Gems” on Netflix, or you can critique any feature film (movie) that you want. Use this same movie critique sheet form.
Follow the directions and meet the deadline so you can get your credit.
Triple check your file upload
Art Appreciation Movie Critique Sheet (2020 Online) Name________________________________
Take a few notes on separate paper and then neatly write in your well-crafted answers on this form (2 pages ONLY and YES, you can type it) in the boxes below after the movie is over. Put your handwritten or typed answers in these boxes on this paper. Use correct spelling and grammar. If you insert typing into the boxes, resize the boxes so the document stays two pages. Answer each question in sentence and/or short paragraph form using complete sentences. Use thoughtful, descriptive language. Why say ‘sad’, ‘happy’ or ‘mad’ when you can say ‘gloomy’, ‘delighted’ or ‘irate’? Use a thesaurus. Keep your answers brief and legible. Don’t write too small. Neatness and grammar count for this grade. This file will be submitted to our course canvas as a file upload.
1. Briefly describe the basic facts: title, date, writer, director, actors and studio.
2. Describe the messages, symbolism and morals (as in moral -or lesson- of the story, not ethics or morality of a character or characters).
3. Describe the emotions you felt during a scene. Provide a detail or two that will make me understand exactly how you felt physically and/or psychologically. Mention the scene as well.
4. Briefly critique (judge) the editing of one scene. (Hint: Describe the shots and mention the cut(s) and timing that you think are brilliant or dreadful and explain your evaluation.) Hint: refer to the unit or chapter about photography/camera arts for details about photographic shots.
5. Briefly critique (judge) the music or sound effects of one scene. (Hint: What did it sound like? Was it superior or awful? Do tell.)
6. Briefly critique (judge) one actor’s performance. Hint: the actors are not the characters. They act out what is penned by the writer(s). Be sure to cite a line of dialogue or a gesture as an example.
7. Describe a sequel to this movie. You get to make up details and examples of a “part II” of this movie.
8. What does this movie lack? If you were in control of it what would you have done differently to improve it? Use at least one specific, creative example. (Hint: Explain what was inferior and offer an unambiguous alternative for a plot, scene, cast, music, or outcome change.)
Use only one sentence for the answers below.
9. How satisfied with the ending are you? Why?
10. How does this movie rate in relation to your favorite movie? Why? (Hint: include the title of your favorite film.)
Visually, which formal element or principle of design (choose from ARTS 1301 terms) caught your attention
This is Sample how to do
Rank and grade these anonymous answers for number 2, 4, 5 and 11.
-0 is highest -4 or -5 is half credit -9 lowest
Art Appreciation Movie Critique Sheet Remedial Activity
Take a few notes on separate paper and then neatly write in your well-crafted answers on this form in the boxes below after the movie is over. Use correct spelling and grammar. Answer each question in sentence and/or short paragraph form using complete sentences. Use thoughtful, descriptive language. Why say ‘sad’, ‘happy’ or ‘mad’ when you can say ‘gloomy’, ‘delighted’ or ‘irate’? Use a thesaurus. Keep your answers brief and legible. Don’t write too small. NEATNESS and GRAMMAR COUNTS.
2. Describe the themes, messages, symbolism and morals (as in moral -or lesson- of the story, not ethics or morality of a character or characters).
(The Great Santini):
Mr. Incredible: This is about Love & hate, Father & Son, husband & wife, War & peace.
Dash: He Leent his Lession for not taking care of his Samily. Even though. He did not treig the son well the sin still hoRin him.
Syndrome: The Morals was A lesson Learn is AN experience, But don’t let it destroy yOUR Life, By being IN A position that can take a person, Beyond your Job. (BE youR-Self)
Elastigirl: The film touches upon many central themes – good vs. evil, family values, societal values, love, obedience, honor, respect, parental guidance and racism. The symbols included Marines as strength, authority and wisdom and Toomer as goodness, purity and beauty. One message of the film was that people express their feelings in unique ways. Another message was that people can be affected by other people’s actions and behaviors.
4. Briefly critique (judge) the editing of one scene. (Hint: Describe the shots and mention the cut(s) and timing that you think is brilliant or dreadful and explain your evaluation.) (The Great Santini):
Abby Cadabby: I did not find anything wrong with the editing of a scene or any of the other scenes and shots and cuts were great; What I liked about shots, especially the close-up shots was that they focused on the scenes that had emotional feelings, like Toomer’s death and how Ben’s Father died.
Baby Bear: The scene where Toomer is being attacked by Red. The shots were brilliant because they had perfect shots of him inside the trailer home, you could see a whole picture of what was going on inside with him and the dogs. The timing was precise, you could see when Red would shoot and immediately see how the dog got shot.
Elmo: During the porch scene prior to the kids’ first day of school, editing is used to vividly move the story forward. The camera moves from the hip with the Great Santini and shows a downward traveling medium shot of all the kids. The children’s captivity is reinforced with an upward fixed full shot of their father. A third angle is shown as if from an observer off to the side. The crosscutting rapidly assaults the viewer with a variety of camera angles and enhances the authoritarian and humorous monologue.
Slimy the Worm: The timing of the airplane scenes lifen Bull was fighting wat He pary far the Jamy. Give scuds w6 gard tiniy effuts.
5. Briefly critique (judge) the music and sound effects of one scene. (Hint: What did it sound like? Was it or superior or awful? Do tell.)
(Little Miss Sunshine):
Shrek: The horn on the family vehicle got stuck and would not stop honking. It emitted an annoying, sickly, chirpy, coughy, intermittent and random beeping sound. While It correlated to the pathetic mission of the family. I thought it was awful.
Prince Charming: The music of this movie is very upbeat and catchy. It successfully and appropriately brings out the humor of this twisted family.
Princess Fiona: The musin and The Sound vu my opinion are nice and match wirg superior.
Donkey: Olive’s music during the talent competition portion of the pageant was Rick James’ Superfreak. It perfectly lampooned beauty pageants for children. The main refrain “she’s all right, she’s all right, she’s a superfreak” perfectly describes Olive’s presence at the competition. It doesn’t matter that Olive is outgunned by more talented competition, she is there and doing what she wants to do, and she is all right.
Use only one sentence for the answers below.
11. Visually, which formal element or principle of design caught your attention? (In what scene?)
(Little Miss Sunshine):
Lightning McQueen: The analytic lines of the Hoover residence caught my attention.
Fillmore: something that caught my attention was when the clutch to the vw broke and they all had to get out and push the vw
Sarge: when the camera is in front of the bus and everyone is inside makes it seem like a long tunnel one after the other.
Sally Carrera: When Olive is showing the slides card to ner brotm.
Mater: The movie Shows morc emphasis on Hheir tnp to the pagent. Sn Hne Scene ulhere the grandfather died, they were morc concern qbout Hne pagent than the dead-body.
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
All ourbpapers are written from scratch. In fact, Clients who ask for paraphrasing services are highly discouraged. We have writers ready to craft any paper from scratch and deliver quality ahead of time.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
Our writers keeps you posted on your papers progress - providing you with paper outline/draft. You are also at liberty to communicate directly with your writer.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time, in many cases quite ahead of time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.