For this assignment, you will pick a research article published in the past 10 years that describes the engineering of an enzyme and its use in a biocatalytic application. Please ensure it is a RESEARCH ARTICLE and NOT A REVIEW.
Prepare a Powerpoint presentation (15–20 slides) that describes the article.
To learn about enzyme engineering and biocatalysis, using all the knowledge that you acquired in class
To learn how to read a research article, extract and convey essential information.
Pick a research article that describes the engineering of an enzyme and its use in biocatalysis
– For help in finding a suitable article, you can use PubMed or Google Scholar. Journals that publish this type of study include: Nature, Science, Nature Chemistry, Nature Catalysis, Nature Communications, Journal of the American Chemical Society, Angewandte Chemie, ACS Catalysis, etc.
Include, as necessary for understanding, information such as:
– Name of enzyme and EC number
– Cofactor required
– Kinetic parameters (kcat, KM)
– Reaction catalyzed and mechanism
– Reaction conditions (pH, T, solvent, etc.)
– Assay used to characterize enzyme
– Mutagenesis method and screening/selection assay
– Type of enzyme engineering (rational design vs directed evolution)
– Enzyme structure
– Type of biocatalytic transformation (e.g., fermentation, biotransformation, etc.)
– Biocatalytic process (e.g., deracemization, direct asymmetric synthesis, kinetic resolution, cofactor recycling, etc.)
– Use 3–5 bullet points on slides if necessary (except when showing figures). When showing figures, include short legend to understand the figure. SUGGESTION: use a sentence to provide take-home message, either as title of slide or as statement at the bottom of your slide (see example assignment).
1. Introduction (5–7 slides)
a. Explain context and background needed to understand paper (i.e. what is the current state‐of‐the‐art? why should we care about this study?)
b. Describe system under study (i.e., enzyme and/or method)
c. Clearly state the objective and hypothesis of the current study
2. Methods and Results (8–12 slides)
a. Describe what the authors did and show results from article (i.e. copy/paste figures and tables, with appropriate legend so that reader can understand)
b. Explain important methods, especially if these are new engineering strategies
3. Discussion and Conclusions (2–3 slides)
a. Put these findings in the context of the field (i.e. discussion, how does this compare to previous methods or previous work?)
b. Summarize what the findings of the paper were (i.e., what was achieved? Did it work?)
c. Future directions
Please ensure to answer all key points
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
Free Unlimited Revisions
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
Original & Confidential
24/7 Customer Support
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help