Assignment 3 – Research Methodology
Grading Rubric (20 points)
· Introduction (1 point): Reiterates the research questions, hypotheses. Describes the scope /organization of the research methodology section.
· Research Design (2 points): Describes the research design/approach to be utilized in the proposed study including the rationale for its appropriateness in addressing the research questions. Cites proper methodological literature.
· Sample and Sampling (3 points): Explains and justifies the type of sample to be used and how participants would be selected (sampling). Describes the population. Describes the eligibility criteria (inclusion and exclusion criteria). Explains how sample size would be determined. Cites proper methodological literature.
· Research Setting/Context (2 points): Describes and substantiates the selection of the setting where the proposed study will be conducted.
· Data Collection (3 points): Describes and justifies the data collection methods and procedures. Explains how, when, where, and by whom data would be collected.
· Instruments (2 points): Describes and justifies the type of instrument/tool that will be used for collecting data. Includes information on the validity and reliability of the tool.
· Data Analysis (2 points): Describes and justifies the methods and statistical tools (if applicable) that will be used for the analysis of the collected data.
· Ethical considerations (3 points): Describes how the rights of participants would be protected in the proposed study. Cites appropriate literature to support decisions.
· Resources (2 points): Describes and justifies the resources that would be needed to conduct the proposed research study.
My Idea is below (don’t know if its correct but this is where I got stuck in the research methodology, if you have anything better that makes more sense then I will go with that)
Research Question: In minority groups, what is the relationship between access to the affordable care act and utilization of health care services?
Hypothesis: There will be a positive correlation between access to the ACA and utilization of health care services
Quantitative Study: Non-experimental retrospective research? correlation design? where we are seeking to understand the relationship between the implementation of the Affordable Care Act and utilization of services.
Target Population: ethnic/racial minority groups
Representative Sample: Low-income African Americans and Hispanics
Eligibility Criteria: inclusion – 50-64 years old, Medicaid recipients; Inclusion – men and women; Exclusion – pregnant women, elderly
Sampling: (need to mention a specific collection sampling method for this design)
Data Collection Source: Existing data (secondary) from outpatient clinic – patient’s medical records
Data is collected with a formal instrument/tool: (i.e., Check list – colorectal cancer screenings, age, socio-demographics, ACA insurance such as medicaid, etc??). Assure reliability and validity of tool
Certificate of Confidentiality (NIH) must be obtained to protect medical records personal information
Ethics approval, the professor wants to see this in the paper.
Here are a few suggestions to simplify the project:
– Analyze colorectal cancer screening use before and after the implementation of the affordable care act.
– Compare the impact of access to the affordable care act on the utilization of colorectal screenings by low income African American and Hispanics
– Focus on specific areas, Outpatient clinics in Brooklyn, the Bronx and Manhattan. You could compare the data from those clinics in 2009, 2014 and 2019 and show the trend to see if there was a positive or negative correlation between the variables.
The purpose of this paper is to conduct a hypothetical research, the professor wants me to show the correct process of conducting a research so research terminology and reference must be used. This specific assignment is the methodology and design section of a bigger paper. Everything should be APA style. Thank you.
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
All ourbpapers are written from scratch. In fact, Clients who ask for paraphrasing services are highly discouraged. We have writers ready to craft any paper from scratch and deliver quality ahead of time.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
Our writers keeps you posted on your papers progress - providing you with paper outline/draft. You are also at liberty to communicate directly with your writer.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time, in many cases quite ahead of time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.