Critical Thinking through Writing (CTW) Assignment
· This is an individual assignment, so each student should work on it independently. Copying or plagiarism will be subject to the University’s Academic Honesty policy.
· Your writing assignment must be typed (1.5 spacing, Times New Roman, 12pt font).
· As a guideline, your essay response to the questions posed below should be about 3 pages in length.
Grading of this assignment will be done based on the following:
· Identifying the issue(s): Clearly identifying the problem(s), question(s) or issue(s). Providing background for the problem(s), questions(s) or issue(s).
· Analytics: Applying economic concepts to the questions. Developing logical arguments. Drawing substantiated conclusions. Drawing connections between economic concepts and real-world applications.
· Communication and Structural Organization: Language clearly and effectively communicates ideas. Assignment is organized with an introduction, body, discussion, conclusions, and reference section, if applicable. Grammar, syntax and appropriate style.
Read Chapter 8, “Tales of Increasing Returns.” From Easterly W., The Elusive Quest for Growth. MIT Press, 2001. Referring to evidence from the chapter, answer the following questions:
1. How is knowledge different from physical capital?
What are the special characteristics of knowledge that make it so useful for growth?
How can knowledge help a country grow?
Make sure to use examples from the chapter to support your answers.
2. Describe what the chapter means by “traps” by the author. Why “traps” do occur in the economy?
What are some government policies that could be used to alleviate the effects of “traps”. Please provided a detailed description of these policies.
Read Chapter 2, “Aid for Investment.” From Easterly W., The Elusive Quest for Growth. MIT Press, 2001. Referring to evidence from the chapter, answer the following questions:
1. Evaluate the following claim: “Savings is not enough for the investment needs of developing countries. As such, if aid agencies and rich countries provide aid to developing countries it will increase their rate of investment and generate economic growth.”
Give some examples of these policies.
Has such a policy worked, why or why not?
2. What conclusions would we draw about the impact of foreign aid on economic growth and development if we were to use the Solow model to analyze this question? Please use a diagram to supplement your answer.
3. How does your answer in Part II, 2. change if knowledge is a part of factors of production? Specifically, how does your aggregate production change, and its implication of foreign aids?
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
All ourbpapers are written from scratch. In fact, Clients who ask for paraphrasing services are highly discouraged. We have writers ready to craft any paper from scratch and deliver quality ahead of time.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
Our writers keeps you posted on your papers progress - providing you with paper outline/draft. You are also at liberty to communicate directly with your writer.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time, in many cases quite ahead of time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.