The term paper is a comprehensive semester-long project. Students will complete this project in the steps described below. Your final project is your major contribution, where you will exhibit your learning. Students will individually select an organization (New Jersey Transit), assess its customer service and professional selling effectiveness and make recommendations to improve its business results though improved customer relationships, professional selling and sales management approaches.
This includes the submission of
1) PowerPoint presentation and
2) A written word document report to the instructor.
This project will incorporate important concepts and frameworks introduced throughout the course and will demonstrate the students’ ability to understand and properly apply these concepts in real-life contexts.
Parameters and guidelines for the Term Paper are as follows:
• Select an organization, e.g., a corporation, company, firm or association (ideally, an organization which you have some interest in joining) for an in-depth analysis of their sales and customer services.
• The term paper should be at least 1,500 words with at least 3 scholarly references in addition to your eText for a minimum of 4 total references. Please keep in mind that the word count requirements point out the minimum amount of effort that should be put into the paper. Word count is not everything because quality of writing and research matters as well, but it is an indication of the quantity of effort put into the assignment. Note that word count does not include title, abstract, or reference pages. Not following this requirement will significantly impact the grade.
• Use scholarly peer-reviewed references rather than websites. Scholarly references are generally more credible and make a more persuasive argument. Non-academic websites are not typically recommended for academic writing. While most of the information generally is correct, it is not always reliable because anyone can change the content, bias is often present, and it is not peer-reviewed. For example, it’s best not to use news websites, Wikipedia, investopedia.com, about.com, smallbusiness.chron.com, huffingtonpost.com, 12 MGT 2268 – Sales and Customer Service ehow.com, forbes.com, cnn.com, online encyclopedias, or similar non-academic websites. Articles in these types of websites are written by reporters or individuals who may or may not be experts in the field, and consequently may have incorrect or biased information. Instead, it adds much more credibility to use the class eText, other related textbooks, and peer-reviewed articles, i.e. scholars have analyzed and evaluated the content for accuracy, quality, and reliability. Be sure to use the university library to help you find these types of scholarly references.
The library has a setting in database searches that allow you to search for peer-reviewed articles only. • It is acceptable to use a company website for research, say for example if you are researching Apple, it’s ok to use www.apple.com to describe their mission, strategy, financials, etc.
• The Term Paper should be well organized and encompass the above subject and content guidelines, and an electronic copy of the project should be submitted via Turnitin.
• PowerPoint: A 10-12 slide (not including title or reference slides) PowerPoint presentation is a required component of the research project. The PowerPoint should be focused on an audience of your choice that brings out the key points in your Term Paper. You may use the same ideas and wording as in the Term Paper. For example, you may choose to present to an audience of customer service representatives on how to improve their customer service techniques.
Slides should not have more than 50 words of text and should focus on using pictures, media, large fonts, etc. to be visually appealing and make a persuasive case.
You should include at least 50 words in the speaker notes for each slide with the exception of title and reference slides, which do not require speaker notes. Speaker notes are the words you would say to the audience for each respective slide and go below the actual slide where PowerPoint shows the phrase, “Click to add notes.”
The PowerPoint requires at least 3 references, which should be in APA-format, i.e. properly formatted in-text citations and a reference slide at the end of the presentation.
The recommended term paper report structure is as follows: (This structure is only to help students to get started and think further in this direction. Students are free to adapt to the structure of the research report as they desire.)
1. Introduction Background and Context: Discuss the type of industry, products/services, existing channels, competition in the context of sales and customer service, and how organizational vision and strategies have influenced their sales and customer service management.
2. Analysis of Personal Selling & Sales Management Approach
3. Analysis of Customer Service & Customer Turnoffs
· 3.1 Analysis of Organizational Systems, Policies &Culture
· 3.2 Analysis of Individual Actions
· Customer Service, 6th edition by Paul R. Timm
· Sell, by Thomas N. Ingram Ragmond
4. Analysis of the Use of Data and Technology for Sales & Customer Service
The Written Report of the Term Paper will be worth 25% of the Course Final Grade and have the following components, with corresponding percentages of the written report grade:
Week 2 – Company Selection & Summary 20% submitted 11-2-2020 and approved
Week 5 – Rough Draft 20% (November 29 – Due on December 5)
Week 6 – Final Draft 60% 100% (December 6- Due on December 12)
The PowerPoint of the Term Paper will be worth 10% of the Final Grade.
Rough Draft (20%)
You should submit your term paper rough draft no later then week 5. The point of this submission is to get feedback so that your the final submission has a greater chance of receiving a high grade, therefore it is to your advantage to submit as close to your final document as possible. The recommended page length for the rough draft is at least 750 words with at least 3 scholarly references in addition to your e-text for a minimum of 4 total references This research should incorporate a wide array of data sources to cover all different aspects of sales and customer service management in detail and suggest meaningful recommendations for the company.
I would like to confirm the 3 scholarly references with Berkeley College Library because the professor is encouraging the students to use the college library.
I would like a copy of the plagiarism checker results for the 1,500-word document and the PowerPoint.
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
All ourbpapers are written from scratch. In fact, Clients who ask for paraphrasing services are highly discouraged. We have writers ready to craft any paper from scratch and deliver quality ahead of time.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
Our writers keeps you posted on your papers progress - providing you with paper outline/draft. You are also at liberty to communicate directly with your writer.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time, in many cases quite ahead of time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.